NZ Local News

One injured after gas bottle explodes in freedom camping vehicle in Whangārei

Fire and Emergency were alerted to the explosion just after 6am. File photo / Bevan Conley One person has been taken to...

Editor Written by Editor · 22 sec read >



Fire and Emergency were alerted to the explosion just after 6am. File photo / Bevan Conley

One person has been taken to hospital after an LPG gas bottle in a freedom camping vehicle reportedly exploded.

Fire and Emergency were called to Selwyn Ave in Whangārei just after 6am today with reports a person had been injured following an “incident involving a gas bottle in a freedom camper”, shift manager Josh Pennefather said.

A fire investigator attended the scene, he said.

A police spokeswoman said police were also notified of the incident, and that one person has been taken to hospital.



Source link

Herald afternoon quiz: August 18

Editor in NZ Local News
  ·   12 sec read

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.